When we moved to Indiana, we bought a 1928 house that need a lot of repairs. Upgrades, reconstruction, additions, and changes. Due to its age, there are no blueprints on the government records, and while the first floor is 1928, the second one is 1950’s, and no one knows for sure when.
Because I am a “jack of all trades” and have so many artistic skills, I can combine them all and make my own repairs. For certain things, we still need professionals, like for the electricity braker box upgrade we got from 100 amps to 200! No more “flickering” in the house due to my multiple electronic devices, baby!
Here is the progress of the job using Blender and all sorts of “x-ray” tools to find the studs and wires to be able to build the house to measurements.
Note: To see the rest of this page, with more images and videos, please use a desktop or laptop computer. This portfolio site is not meant to be seen on mobile devices. The rest of the site is available on mobile devices. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Blocking phase of the 100 Year Old House
I started the process by bloking the room spaces and setting them visually in the space. If I had had blueprints for the 100-year-old house, I would have skipped this step.
Framing visualization of attic over livingroom and roof of sunroom of the 100 year old house.
This is where the fun starts. We started repairs on the sunroom because the roof rafters and spanners were damaged. And by removing the ceiling, we found access to the attice. No, nothing of value was found in there, but access to the attic is now possible thanks to that removal.
More photos and updates of the 100 year old house comming up in future days.
Come back to see, or better yet, susbrice to the blog for announcemnts.